For many of us, a cup of coffee is an essential part of our morning routine. Whether you prefer a strong espresso shot or a smooth latte, having a reliable coffee maker can make all the difference. However, with so many options on the market, it can be challenging to find the right one that fits your budget and brewing preferences.
Navigating the minefield of low priced and budget friendly coffee makers is challenging. While there are many great options, there are ten times more that are terrible and should be avoided.
That’s why we researched, bought and tested more than 50 coffee makers under $100 to help you find the best one for your needs.
We know that price is a significant factor, but we also focused on the quality of the coffee, ease of use, and durability. Additionally, we considered the type of coffee maker that would be the best fit for different brewing methods, such as drip, French press, or single-serve.
Our Top Rated Coffee Makers Under $100 After 50+ Tests
We understand that not everyone is willing to spend a fortune on a coffee maker, but that doesn’t mean you have to compromise on the quality of your coffee. We’ve identified the ones that offer the best value for their price. Here’s our favorites.
|Cuisinart DCC-3200P1 Perfectemp Coffee Maker||
||SEE ON AMAZON|
|Ninja CE251 Programmable Brewer||
||SEE ON AMAZON|
|Hamilton Beach 2-Way 12 Cup Programmable Drip Coffee Maker||
||SEE ON AMAZON|
|BaristasBuddy French Press||
||SEE ON AMAZON|
|Black&Decker 12 Cup Coffee Maker||
||SEE ON AMAZON|
|Keurig K Mini Single Serve||
||SEE ON AMAZON|
||SEE ON AMAZON|
|Famiworths Single Serve Coffee Maker||
||SEE ON AMAZON|
|Elite Gourmet Personal Single Serve Coffee Maker||
||SEE ON AMAZON|
- Adjustable carafe temperature and brew strength control
- Makes 14 cups
- Great value for money
- Brews 12 cups in under 8 minutes
- Rich setting adds extra flavor
- Features and performance are well above the price point
- Brew single cup or full pot on either side
- Makes flavorsome, full-bodied coffee
- Very intuitive and easy to use
- Suitable for home, office or travel
- Makes 4 cups
- Keeps coffee hotter for longer
- Great for batch brewing
- Very easy to setup, use and maintain
- Incredible value for money
- Available in a variety of colors
- Great for single cup brewing
- Massive choice of K-cup flavors
- Brews quickly without affecting flavor
- 4 different brew styles
- Options for full carafe, half carafe, tall mug, regular mug, & espresso
- Lots of color choices, lightweight and compact
- Quick brewing time, easy to clean, and simple to operate
- Offers good value for money
- Comes with insulated travel cup
- Brews in under 2 minutes
- Quick and easy to clean
If you’re looking for a coffee maker that can brew a perfect cup of coffee and has a large capacity, then the Cuisinart 14 Cup Programmable Coffeemaker is the perfect choice for you.
We were impressed with the Cuisinart Coffee Maker’s ability to brew hotter coffee without sacrificing flavor or quality. The coffee maker has a sleek stainless-steel design that looks great in the kitchen. We also appreciated the easy-to-view water window, which made it easy to fill up the coffee maker accurately.
The brew strength control feature allowed us to select the perfect coffee flavor to match our taste preference. The coffee maker is fully automatic with 24-hour programmability, self-clean, 1–4 cup setting, auto-off (0–4 hours), and optional ready alert tone, making it easy to use and customize to our preferences.
The coffee maker has expert coffee-making technology that ensures hotter coffee temperature without sacrificing flavor or quality.
- You can select regular or bold coffee flavor to perfectly match your coffee taste preference with the brew strength control feature.
- It is fully automatic with 24-hour programmability, self-clean, 1–4 cup setting, auto-off (0–4 hours), and optional ready alert tone.
The coffee maker is a bit bulky and takes up a lot of counter space.
- The carafe is a bit heavy and can be difficult to pour when it’s full.
- It can be a bit noisy when brewing.
If you’re looking for a coffee maker that won’t break the bank, the Ninja CE251 Programmable Brewer is a great option to consider.
We’ve been using the Ninja CE251 Programmable Brewer for a few weeks now, and we’re happy with our purchase. The 12-cup glass carafe is perfect for our family of four, and the programmable feature allows us to set a 24-hour delay brew, so we can wake up to freshly brewed coffee. The adjustable warming plate is a nice touch, too, as it keeps our coffee hot for up to four hours.
One thing we did notice is that the carafe is quite fragile. We accidentally dropped it once, and it shattered. We had to purchase a replacement carafe, which was a bit of a hassle. Additionally, the machine can be a bit loud when brewing, which may be an issue for some people.
In spite of those minor grievances, we think the Ninja CE251 Programmable Brewer is a great option for anyone looking for a coffee maker under $100. It’s easy to use, has a nice set of features, and makes a great cup of coffee.
The 12-cup glass carafe is perfect for batch brewing for large groups.
- The programmable feature allows you to set a 24-hour delay brew, so you can wake up to freshly brewed coffee.
- The adjustable warming plate keeps your coffee hot for up to four hours.
The carafe can be a bit fragile and may not withstand accidental drops.
- The machine can be a bit loud when brewing.
- The reusable filter may not be as durable as other options on the market.
If you’re looking for a versatile coffee maker that can brew a single cup or a full pot of coffee, the Hamilton Beach 2-Way Programmable Coffee Maker is a great option.
The coffee maker is easy to use, with a control panel and display that are straightforward and user-friendly.
We’ve brewed about 50 batches with the Hamilton Beach 2-Way Coffee Maker and we’re impressed with its performance.
The 2-way brewing feature is a great option for us, as we can brew a single cup or a full pot when the office is full. The included mesh scoop is also a nice touch, as we don’t have to worry about using a separate scoop or measuring tool.
The programmable feature is also a game-changer. We are able to set the brewing time up to 24 hours in advance, which ensures that we always have a hot cup of coffee ready when we need it.
The 2-way brewing feature allows you to brew a single cup or a full pot of coffee, making it a versatile option for different occasions.
- The included mesh scoop makes it easy to add your favorite ground coffee without the need for a separate scoop or measuring tool.
- The programmable feature allows you to set the brewing time up to 24 hours in advance, ensuring that you always have a hot cup of coffee ready when you need it.
This coffee maker is not compatible with K-Cup pods, which may be a downside for some users who prefer the convenience of using pods.
- The jet may spit coffee everywhere and make a mess if you use a short cup.
- The coffee maker turns off automatically after 2 hours, which may not be ideal for users who want to keep their coffee warm for a longer period.
If you’re looking for a durable and high-quality French press coffee maker, the BaristasBuddy Parisian coffee press is a great option to consider.
We recently had the opportunity to try out the BaristasBuddy Parisian Stainless Steel French Press Coffee Maker, and we were impressed with its durability and versatility. The stainless steel construction feels sturdy and well-made, and the double-walled insulation kept our coffee hot for longer than other French press coffee makers we’ve tried.
One of the standout features of this French press coffee maker is its versatility. It’s incredibly easy to use, allowing us to brew our favorite coffee or loose leaf tea in just 5 minutes. We also appreciated the ability to froth milk, make hot chocolate, or even cold brew using this coffee maker. Plus, its compact size and lightweight design make it ideal for travel and camping.
While the capacity of 34 fluid ounces may not be enough for larger groups, it was perfect for our office. And while some may prefer the aesthetic of a glass French press, we found the sleek and modern design of the BaristasBuddy French Press Coffee Maker to be quite stylish.
It’s also extremely portable and while we didn’t test it in the great outdoors, we could definitely see this as a handy way to brew great coffee on the road.
We highly recommend the BaristasBuddy Parisian Stainless Steel French Press Coffee Maker to anyone looking for a durable and versatile French press coffee maker that can be used at home, camping, traveling or even in an RV. The eye-popping colors on their packaging also make it a great gift.
Built to last with high-quality stainless steel materials that are shatterproof and won’t crack.
- Insulated double-walled design keeps coffee hot for up to 60 minutes longer than other brands.
- Highly versatile and easy to use, making it perfect for brewing coffee or loose leaf tea, frothing milk, making hot chocolate, or even cold brew.
The capacity of 34 fluid ounces may not be sufficient for larger groups.
- The stainless steel design may not be as aesthetically pleasing as a glass French press.
If you’re looking for an affordable coffee maker that can brew your favorite coffee blend in under 60 seconds, then the Elite Gourmet Personal Single Serve Coffee Maker is worth considering.
We found that the Elite Gourmet Personal Single Serve Coffee Maker is a great option for those who want a simple and affordable coffee maker that can brew coffee quickly and easily. The compact and sleek design takes up limited counter space and fits into any nook, making it perfect for small spaces such as office kitchens, dorm rooms, or recreational vehicles.
Cleanup is a cinch, all removable parts and accessories are dishwasher safe. The coffee maker also comes with a reusable filter, so you don’t have to worry about buying paper or plastic cups.
Comes with a 14 oz stainless steel insulated travel mug that fits under the dispenser and most cup holders, making it perfect for on-the-go coffee lovers.
- The one-touch push button feature makes it easy to operate.
- Compact and lightweight, making it easy to store and transport.
It only brews up to 14 oz. of coffee at a time, so it may not be suitable for larger households or offices.
- Only compatible with coffee grounds, so if you prefer using coffee pods, this may not be the right product for you.
- Some of our brews were not as hot as we like it to be.
If you’re looking for an affordable coffee maker that doesn’t take up too much space, the Keurig K-Mini Single Serve Coffee Maker is a great option.
We recently tested the Keurig K-Mini and it’s a great buy IF that’s what you’re looking for.
The machine’s compact design fits perfectly into small spaces, and it’s effortless to use. We loved the huge choice of K-Cups that work with the machine.
However, keep in mind that the quality of coffee from K-cups, Nespresso and other coffee pods is always going to be limited. If you enjoy this style of brewing, then this coffee maker is really good. However, if you prefer freshly roasted coffee, then you should go for something different.
The compact design makes it easy to fit in small spaces.
- It’s effortless to use, just add water, insert the pod, and press the button.
- Compatible with hundreds of K-Cup coffee varieties.
The water reservoir only holds enough water for one cup of coffee, so you’ll need to refill it for each cup.
- Can be a little noisy while brewing.
- We had a few minor issues with the machine leaking.
If you’re looking for a versatile coffee maker that can brew anything from a single cup to a full carafe, the Ninja CM401 is a great option. We’ve marked this down as a splurge, as it’s a little more than $100. However, if you can afford it, that little extra goes a long way in terms of quality.
We’ve been using Ninja coffee makers for years and have reviewed several. The CM401 is everything we’ve come to expect from the company.
We found it had a high build quality and construction, user-friendly controls and makes reliably good coffee. We really liked the wide array of options on offer. You can choose from full carafe, half carafe, tall mug, regular mug, & espresso, accommodating multiple types and sizes of containers.
The built-in frother is also a welcome addition, and we’ve enjoyed experimenting with the different brew styles and sizes. The machine is easy to clean, which is always a plus.
The built-in, fold-away frother makes it easy to create delicious milk-based coffee drinks at home.
- With four different brew styles and six different brew sizes, you can customize your coffee to your liking.
- The glass carafe, brew-through lid, permanent filter, removable filter holder, water reservoir, flip-top lid, frother whisk, and scoop are all top-rack dishwasher safe, making it easy to clean.
The amount of espresso extracted may vary depending on the grind size and amount, so you may need to reprogram the machine when adjusting these settings.
- Requires dialing in of the coffee to ensure the strength is right.
- Th lack of a warming plate means that the coffee may not stay hot for as long as some users would like.
While every coffee maker on our list is under $100, the Black&Decker is the cheapest of the lot.
The QuickTouch Programming feature is also very convenient, especially if you’re in a rush in the morning.
The coffee maker is easy to use and the Digital Controls with Rubberized Feel are a nice touch. The Sneak-a-Cup feature is also handy if you’re impatient like us and can’t wait for the brewing process to finish.
We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the coffee it makes. Sure it’s lacking a bit of body and clarity in the cup, but for under $50 this machine punches well above it’s weight.
If budget is your main focus when buying a coffee maker, then this will still provide solid results, albeit not as good as some of the other machines on our list.
Easy to use, intuitive controls.
- The Sneak-a-Cup feature temporarily stops the flow of coffee so you can pour your first cup before brewing ends without making a mess.
- Really good value for money.
The coffee is a bit too hot at time even after cream and sweetener are added.
- The warmer plate is not as durable as some other coffee makers.
If you’re looking for a compact and affordable coffee maker that can brew a fresh cup of coffee quickly, then the Famiworths Mini Coffee Maker Single Serve might be a good option for you.
The Famiworths coffee maker has a 2-way brewing system. This allows you to use either K-pods or freshly ground coffee, giving you more options to enjoy your favorite coffee.
We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of the coffee. It produced a hot and robust cup that rivals more expensive brands.
In addition to its performance, the Famiworths Coffee Maker stands out for its user-friendly design. Its quick brewing time, ease of cleaning, and simple operation make it a convenient choice for daily use.
The reusable filter for ground coffee was a nice touch and is an eco-friendly option for those looking to reduce waste. The attractive design and color options also add a splash of style that is often missing from cheap coffee makers.
The 2-mins instant brew technology is another impressive feature that can quickly brew a cup of coffee in just 2 minutes with the push of 1 button.
Comes in a range of attractive colors.
- Works with both ground coffee and K-cups.
- 2-mins instant brew technology that can quickly brew a cup of coffee in just 2 minutes.
The coffee temperature might not be hot enough for some people.
- Not good for batch brewing.
- Requires regular cleaning and maintenance to avoid clogging problems.
When it comes to buying the best coffee maker under $100, there are a few things to keep in mind to ensure you get the most value for your money. Here are some features to look for:
Consider the size of your household and how much coffee you typically drink. A larger capacity coffee maker may be more suitable for a family, an office or for entertaining guests. A smaller capacity coffee maker may be more appropriate for a single person or a couple, or if you want something to bring to the office or on a camping trip.
Here’s our recommendations:
- For personal use, a single serve or small 4-8 cup machine is ideal.
- Larger households will benefit from a 10-12 cup coffee maker.
- If you work in a busy office or frequently entertain, choose a large capacity 12+ cup model.
- Drip coffee makers are the most common and affordable option. They slowly drip hot water over coffee grounds to produce a pot of coffee. They are great for making large batches for multiple cups.
- Single serve brewers use pods or capsules to quickly brew one cup at a time. They are convenient but can be more expensive per cup.
- French presses use a plunger to steep coffee grounds directly in hot water. They make bold, flavorful coffee but are more hands-on than an automatic machine.
- Pour over drips water over coffee grounds in a filter. This is probably the most labor-intensive style of brewing, but comes with the benefit of extra flavor.
Brewing Options And Drink Selection
Some coffee makers offer a variety of brewing options, such as the ability to brew iced coffee, espresso, or cappuccino. Consider which brewing options are important to you and choose a coffee maker that offers those features.
There’s a reason many cheap coffee makers have a low price tag. They are poorly built and don’t make good coffee. Here’s a few important features to keep an eye out for.
- Look for models that evenly saturate coffee grounds for optimal extraction.
- Ensure the coffee maker can heat water to the ideal 195-205°F brewing temperature.
Ease of Use
Look for a coffee maker that is easy to use and clean, with intuitive controls and a simple design. A coffee maker with a removable water reservoir and dishwasher-safe parts can make cleaning a breeze. We’ve used coffee makers that require a lot of maintenance and unless you enjoy cleaning, they are not fun to use.
Finally, consider your budget when choosing a coffee maker. While it’s possible to find a high-quality coffee maker under $100, keep in mind that more expensive models may offer additional features and a longer lifespan.
Consider how often you drink coffee. A more expensive machine can save money long-term if used frequently. We drink a lot of coffee, so spending extra on a premium machine makes sense.
Also, take advantage of sales around holidays, Prime Day and Black Friday to get the best deals on quality coffee makers.
By keeping all of the above in mind, you can choose the best coffee maker under $100 that meets your needs and provides you with delicious coffee every morning.
Take Your Pick
Drinking great coffee each morning shouldn’t cost a fortune. With the best coffee machine under $100, you can start each day off right without breaking the bank.
Based on our extensive testing, we’re confident that the coffee makers featured in this article represent the best choices currently available for brewing delicious, affordable coffee.
Each of them consistently performs above their price point. Whether you prefer the convenience of single-serve, rich taste of French press, or customizable features of a programmable drip coffee maker, you’re sure to find your match within our top picks.
Let us know what your favorite coffee maker is in the comments below.