7 Best Coffee Storage Containers To Keep Your Coffee Fresh
Proper coffee storage needs a special container. One which is created specifically to keep coffee fresh and ready to brew a flavorful, steaming pot. There are several coffee containers on the market, but be warned - they are not all created equal.
Some are more concerned with appearance than functionality. If you are going to invest in a good coffee canister, take the time to do a bit of research and get the best one for your money. Below is a list of the 7 top-rated coffee storage containers. Find the one that fits your needs and show your coffee some TLC.
#1 Zevro Vac 'n Save Vacuum-Sealing Food-Storage Containers
The Zevro Vac'n Save Container stores coffee in a hand-vacuum-sealed container. It holds whole bean coffee or ground coffee.
But, of course, you can also keep other products fresh like cheese, nuts, chips, just to mention a few.
At first you place coffee inside the container. Using a hand pump which attaches to the lid, you can then draw all the oxygen out.
This BPA-free coffee container can hold up to one pound of coffee.
One thing you might consider is, that you need to store this container in a dark place, since it's clear polypropylene. It won't protect coffee from sunlight.
As we know now, exposure to air can cause mold to form as well as robbing coffee of its natural oil content. Therefore, a vacuum-sealing process is important.
If you prefer to get the greatest taste and enjoyment from your coffee too, then the Zevro Vac 'n Save Ruby Rectangular-Shaped Vacuum-Sealing Storage Containers may be a good choice for you.
- Airtight seal lets CO2 escape while air stays out to preserve the flavor and quality of coffee.
- Large size holds plenty of coffee (beans or ground) and makes scooping easy and mess-free.
- Clear plastic construction allows light to enter, compromising coffee's quality.
#2 Lovffee Coffee Storage Canister
The Lovffee Coffee Storage Container features a patented venting system to allow CO2 to escape from the canister. At the same time it prevents oxygen and other elements from entering and destroying the quality of the delicious coffee inside.
The stainless steel construction of the Lovffee protects coffee from the common factors that are harmful to its great taste.
Air, light, moisture and humidity are all enemies of coffee, looking to rob it of its natural oil content and great roasted flavor.
It holds up to one pound of coffee and comes with a convenient measuring scoop. The Lovffee is easy to keep clean since all parts are dishwasher safe.
A coworker of mine purchased the Lovffee coffee storage unit and she is happy with it. She especially likes the air filtering feature that automatically removes the CO2 that is naturally released by coffee beans and keeps out oxygen. so her coffee stays fresh longer.
Since she doesn't drink coffee every day it is important to her that the coffee remains fresh until she is ready to use it. Chances are everyone in the office is going to be receiving one of these for their birthday this year!
- Patented aeration system keeps coffee fresh, air out, and lets CO2 escape.
- Designer look makes this coffee canister a lovely conversation piece in any kitchen.
- Some reviewers have claimed that snap closures on lid breaks easily.
- The one-way aeration valve located on the lid makes stacking impossible.
#3 Coffeevac 1lb - The Ultimate Vacuum Sealed Coffee Container
The Coffeevac Coffee Container has a simple appearance, yet it is one of the highest-rated coffee storage units on the market today.
It operates via a partial vacuum seal to keep Coffee fresher. The pressure-release valve works whenever there is a CO2 buildup inside the container.
The Coffeevac Coffee Container holds up to one pound of coffee, preserving it's quality so you can enjoy a perfect cup every time.
Cleaning and maintenance of the Coffeevac Airtight Coffee Container are also super-easy. You can hand-wash it and allow it to air-dry. At busy times you can also put it in the dishwasher.
Remember to always check the lid of the container to make sure no wayward coffee beans or grounds are lodged there.Any debris stuck inside the lid can compromise the vacuum-sealing process.
- In many different designs, colors and materials available.
- Patented pressure-release system keeps coffee's natural enemies out and coffee fresh.
- Some have reported that the container developed an unpleasant odor after a few uses.
- Some report, the canister is too fragile and breaks easily.
#4 Friis Coffee Vault
The Friis stainless-steel airtight Coffee Vault can hold a full pound of coffee beans.
Its freshness valve draws out all traces of oxygen and CO2. As you have read before, both of which can destroy the integrity of coffee and ruin it's flavor.
The base is solid stainless-steel and the lid made of BPA-free black plastic. This design keeps out all light which can also break down the components of coffee and leave it stale and tasteless.
The Friis Coffee Vault comes with a year's supply of freshness valves to release CO2. A measuring spoon is also included to ensure the right amount of coffee for your personal taste.On top you get an informative and entertaining booklet titled, "The Art of Flavor". This is a step-by-step guide for using your new coffee vault.
Consumers have reported that in the long term the canister works as well as it did when it was brand new. The ergonomic design makes it perfect in any kitchen setting.
The Friis Coffee Vault is available in three different colors: silver, black and red. Make sure that you only hand wash this coffee storage container. Clear all traces of coffee grounds so that the effectiveness of the vacuum-sealing process will not be affected.
- CO2 filters are great for people who like to roast and store their own coffee beans.
- Protects coffee from light, oxygen, and CO2.
- Comes with free filters for one year.
- After a year, you must buy CO2 filters.
#5 Coffee Gator Coffee Canister
The coffee canister by Coffee Gator features a convenient date wheel on the lid so you can know at a glance how long your coffee will remain fresh.
This helps you to save money by reducing the amount of coffee that you have to throw away for going stale. Whether whole-bean or ground, the Coffee Gator protects your coffee from exposure to all enemies of coffee.
The canister seals out air via the powerful gasket and secure latching system. The stainless-steel construction blocks out all light.
This coffee canister is available in a variety of popular colors so you can match it to any decor.
Included is a stainless steel scoop and a free eBook with the Title "10 Hacks To Better Coffee"
- Simple CO2 removal system needs no special filters, saving money.
- Cleaning is as easy as wiping down with a damp cloth.
- Easy-latching closure seals tightly to keep out air.
- Holds finger marks and smudges easily.
- Some consumers have reported that the date wheel on the canister's lid is difficult to operate.
#6 Coffee Vault Stainless Steel Coffee Canister Airtight
The Coffee Vault Storage Canister is constructed of high-quality stainless steel, geared toward a lifetime of durability and keeping your coffee fresh.
The opaque, airtight design keeps coffee safe from all sources of light as well as damage from CO2 and oxygen.
All these are factors which can break down the delicate balance of oils and other elements which give coffee it's flavor and aroma.
The canister comes with a matching stainless-steel coffee scoop for convenience.
It stores up to one pound of coffee, whole bean or up to 21oz ground, and requires no extra equipment to activate its airtight feature.
- The easy-to-operate release to let CO2 inside the canister escape.
- Compact construction saves space without skimping on coffee storage space.
- Easy-latching closure seals tightly to keep out air.
- Date Dial can become stuck.
#7 Airscape Coffee Storage Canister
The Airscape Coffee Storage Canister features a patented valve system that forces out oxygen and CO2 and then securely vacuum-locks the lid into place.
The canister comes in an array of colors to make it the attractive focal point of any kitchen.
It is stackable to create storage space with no problem, is stain- and odor-resistant, and can be hand-washed easily.
A unique feature of the Airscape Coffee Storage Canister is the fact that it has not one, but two separate lids.
One internal and one external, so your coffee is doubly-safe from the damaging effects of oxygen, moisture, light, and CO2.
- Consumers report having purchased and used the Airscape for many years with no decrease in performance.
- The wide mouth allows easy scooping for no wasted product as the contents get low.
- The Airscape holds only about 1/2 pound of coffee.
- Sealing bands located on the lids sometimes slip and must be re-adjusted.
All coffee fans have their own personal preferences, so do you!
I hope, you are able to find a coffee storage container among those listed here to meet your needs.Find the one that appeals to you, that offers the qualities you consider important, and start enjoying fresh, delicious coffee any time you wish.
These 7 coffee storage containers were chosen because they provide great protection for coffee to preserve its freshness and shelf life.
As a coffee lover myself, my personal choice would be the Coffee Gator Coffee Canister. Actually, it's on my wishlist for Santa. I like its generous size, its reliable performance, and its modern, clean appearance.
Disclosure: I may get a commission for purchases made through eCommerce-links in my posts. More details here.